- Muscular or total body endurance can also be improved or maintained with TE.
- It is necessary for performing repeated motor tasks in daily living and carrying on a sustained level of functional activity, such as walking or climbing stairs.
- Both types of endurance refer to work performed over a prolonged period of time.
Types of endurance
1. The aerobic capacity of an individual is related to the effective transport of oxygen and maximal oxygen uptake.
2. Exercise that challenge the oxygen transport system will increase endurance, aerobic capacity and overall cardiopulmonary fitness.
General guideline for endurance
Exercise is usually directed to large muscle groups, as in walking, running, swimming and cycling.
Exercise is prolonged and performed for 15 to 45 minutes or more.
The frequency of the exercise varies (every other day, 5 days a week, and so forth), but adequate time for rest is important.
Details of endurance and aerobic exercises can be found.