Patellar fractures are classified by several factors including the amount of displacement, the severity of comminution, the amount of articular congruity, and the configuration of fracture line. In adults are classified as: nondisplaced, displaced, comminuted, and extraarticular.
0 to 6 weeks:
* Wear long- leg cast for 2 to 3 weeks.
* Allow weight bearing to tolerance with crutches.
* With the cast on. Begin strengthening Exercises for quadriceps, gluteal and hamstring muscles.
* Replace the cast with controlled motion brace at 2 to 3 weeks
* Icing if there is effusion
* Week 3 to 4 begin ROM and strengthening exercises
* Begin gentle patellar mobilization.
* Electrical muscles stimulation for quadriceps
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.